Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Action List 5.311

    I just read the article "Quality Time, Redefined" and realized that is exactly how my family is.  Almost everynight we all sit down at the kitchen table and have a nice family dinner.  That lasts for about ten minutes... after that we all go off and do our own things.  Usually my sister and I have homework, so we go our seperate ways into our different rooms and basically stay in there for the rest of the night.  If we don't have homework we usually watch tv.  My mom and dad like to watch tv after dinner too so it's all four of us sitting in the family room watching tv, not talking.  You could say our family is well oriented but in reality we don't really socialize.  We share small talk, but nothing major.  If it were up to me, we would be spending a little more time together as a family doing fun things, rather than sitting down watching movies or television.   My older sister just moved back in our house because she got a job in here, in Fort Wayne, at the Saint Joe Medical Center.  She used to live in Indanapolis in an apartment, but for some reason she quit her job there and came home. All of our lives got screwed up because of this.  She forced me out of my room so she could have it, and then I forced my other sister out of her room so I could have that room. It is all just one big mess.  We're slowly getting adjusted to our new way of living, but hopefully all of this chaos will subside before summer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment