Friday, May 27, 2011

Reflection

This semester of etymology was really helpful.  I enjoyed coming to class everyday, and loved having Mr. Hill as a teacher.  I don't think this class particularly helped out with the SAT though.  All of the vocab tests we took were really frustrating and not many of those words showed up on the SAT.  During the beginning of the semester we worked on SAT prep and took practice tests, I think that helped out the most with preparing for the SAT.  One part of the class that I really loved was the reading.  I loved being able to pick out whatever book I wanted to read.  I read probably 5 books and well over1000 pages.  I didn't enjoy the blogging though.  It was such a hassle.  For example, I would read in the car and not be able to blog right away, and then I would go to blog and I would totally forget everything I read.  The whole idea of blogging was neat but it wasn't structured very well.  6-8 posts was too many a week.  On the other hand, I liked how we were a technology based class, and how we got to use lap tops almost every day.  Over all, this class brought me a lot of stress.  I would always read my book but by the time Tuesday came I would forget to blog and have to do it all in one night.  Also, the vocab tests were super hard and required a lot of studying, which I didn't have time for.  I'm glad I took this class though.  I feel like it will help me mature more as a writer and a reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment